Friday, September 30, 2022

Mary Heard Hutton

 


Mary Heard Hutton... November 25, 1926 - Sept 17, 2022

Daughter of Samuel and Muriel Whitaker Heard

Denise Heard Thompson reports. . . We lost another one of my dad's siblings this week, Aunt Mary, she was 95. Have not seen her since 2015, and just love each one of my aunts and uncles and only wish distance wasn't such a barrier as visits are way too far and few in between. Until we meet again ....

From her son Sam:

Here’s a little information about my mother, Mary Hutton.

She was born November 25, 1926, to Sam and (Meral unsure of the spelling) Heard in Los Angles Ca. (unsure of her birthplace also) She used to tell me about growing up in Jean Nevada. Every time we drove through that area it was like her childhood memories came flooding back. One story I recall was Grandpa making them sleep on the roof because it was to hot in the house and he was afraid that coyotes would get them if they slept on the ground. 

My Father died in 1957 and I don’t think she ever stopped loving him and our lives took a real downturn after his passing. To briefly go into that a horror story, we had to leave Sonora in the middle of the night and history has proven it probably saved her life. She left behind a house, friends, and a working gold mine that my father owned, and lost it to back taxes! About twenty years ago I went to Tuolumne County and did a record search only to find the amount of back taxes and it was not much (75 cents or $7.50 I forget) I also found that my father died on the same date that I was doing the record search, that ended my search.

We ended up in Castaic Ca. living with her sister, my Aunt Leah and cousins John, Mary, and Alfred for several years (or so it seemed) She took odd jobs to make ends meet, Waitressing and house keeping for the most part.

No comments: